BSF Tradesman Exam Date 2023: Everything You Need to Know
The written examination for the position of Constable (Tradesman) will be held on August 28, 2023 at various testing locations around India, according to the Border Security Force (BSF). The identical admit card will be accessible on the BSF website starting on August 14, 2023. You can find all the crucial details about the BSF Tradesman Exam Date 2023 in this post, including how to download the admit card, what to bring to the testing location, the exam’s syllabus and pattern, and exam preparation tips.
How to Download BSF Tradesman Admit Card 2023?
The BSF Tradesman Admit Card 2023 is a mandatory document that you need to carry to the exam center along with a valid photo ID proof. The admit card will contain your name, roll number, category, exam date, time, center, and other instructions. To download the admit card, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of BSF at rectt.bsf.gov.in.
- Click on the link that says “Download Admit Card for Written Examination (Computer Based Test) for the post of Constable (Tradesmen) in BSF Exam-2023”.
- Enter your application number and date of birth and click on “Submit”.
- Your admit card will appear on the screen. Download it and take a printout of it.
What to Carry to BSF Tradesman Exam Center 2023?
Apart from the admit card and photo ID proof, you also need to carry some other items to the exam center, such as:
- A black or blue ballpoint pen
- A clipboard or hardboard
- A passport size photograph
- A COVID-19 self-declaration form
- A face mask and sanitizer
You should not carry any electronic gadgets, calculators, books, notes, or any other prohibited items to the exam center. You should also follow the COVID-19 guidelines issued by the BSF and maintain social distancing at the exam venue.
What is BSF Tradesman Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2023?
The BSF Tradesman Exam 2023 will be a computer-based test (CBT) consisting of 100 multiple-choice questions. The duration of the exam will be two hours. The questions will be based on four subjects: General Awareness/General Knowledge, Knowledge of Elementary Mathematics, Analytical Aptitude and Ability to Observe Distinguish Patterns, and Basic Knowledge of English/Hindi. The syllabus for each subject is given below:
- General Awareness/General Knowledge: This section will test your knowledge of current affairs, history, geography, culture, sports, science, economy, politics, etc. of India and its neighboring countries.
- Knowledge of Elementary Mathematics: This section will test your knowledge of arithmetic operations, number systems, fractions, decimals, percentages, ratios and proportions, averages, interest, profit and loss, time and distance, time and work, mensuration, geometry, algebra, etc.
- Analytical Aptitude and Ability to Observe Distinguish Patterns: This section will test your logical reasoning skills and ability to solve problems involving analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization and orientation, coding and decoding, classification, series completion, missing numbers or figures etc.
- Basic Knowledge of English/Hindi: This section will test your knowledge of basic grammar rules such as parts of speech, tenses, voice, narration, subject-verb agreement, vocabulary, synonyms, antonyms, idioms, phrases etc.
The exam will be bilingual in English and Hindi. Each question will carry one mark and there will be no negative marking for wrong answers. The minimum qualifying marks for each category are as follows:
- General/Ex-Servicemen: 35%
- SC/ST/OBC: 33%
How to Prepare for BSF Tradesman Exam 2023?
To prepare well for the BSF Tradesman Exam 2023, you need to follow some tips and strategies such as:
- Make a study plan that covers all the topics in the syllabus and allocates sufficient time for revision and practice.
- Refer to the best books and study materials that are relevant and updated as per the latest exam pattern and syllabus.
- Solve previous year papers and mock tests to get familiar with the exam format and difficulty level. Analyze your performance and identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- Revise important facts, formulas, concepts, rules etc. regularly and make short notes for quick revision.
- Stay updated with the current affairs and general knowledge by reading newspapers, magazines, online sources etc.
- Improve your speed and accuracy by practicing questions of different types and levels.
- Manage your time effectively and attempt the questions in a sequential order. Skip the questions that are too difficult or time-consuming and come back to them later if you have time left.
- Read the instructions carefully and avoid making any guesswork or silly mistakes.
We hope this article has provided you with all the information you need about the BSF Tradesman Exam Date 2023. If you have any queries or doubts, feel free to ask us in the comments section below. We wish you all the best for your exam!